A school becomes truly effective when its culture promotes social and emotional well-being for students and teachers. To create this sustainable culture, schools, organizations, & communities will benefit from a Resilience Coach leading the on-going implementation of trauma-responsive best practices.
Led by the ESSDACK Resilience Team with Tamara Konrade and Jim Sporleder, this professional learning experience is designed to train members of your staff to become effective Resilience Coaches. Each member of this team brings a unique perspective that will create the mind and heart shifts necessary to lead and empower students, families, and staff.
Resilience Coaches will be equipped with the skills needed to lead practices designed to improve academic, organizational, and community outcomes.
Your course registration enrolls a team of two school personnel. Together, they act as the initial implementation team for your organization. We encourage this team to be made of a counselor, social worker, or classroom teacher and an administrator. Throughout the 12 months of training, the Resilience Coach will continue to receive coaching sessions from the ESSDACK Resilience Team, participate in ongoing webinars, and have access to a global learning network with a range of shared resources.
This opportunity should only be considered for schools or organizations that are already on the journey of becoming trauma-informed or are in the planning process. High commitment from the individual and district is critical to the success of the Resilience Coach.
Equipping Resilience Coaches Facilitation Team
- Rebecca Lewis-Pankratz is the ESSDACK Learning Center Director, former director of McPherson County Circles, and speaks widely on the impact of poverty on learning.
- Katie Perez is a curriculum consultant with extensive experience in elementary education and presents across the country on trauma-informed instruction and educator self-care.
- Ginger Lewman is a national presenter whose high-energy work brings the science of the central nervous system to the art of resilience-building in adults, teens, and children.
- Carmen Zeisler is an educational consultant with over 20 years of experience in the classroom including elementary, middle school, and alternative education, she presents on trauma-informed and restorative justice practices across the state of Kansas.
- Tamara Konrade works with organizations across the country on effecting leadership and coaching skills that positively impact relationships and cultures.
- Jim Sporleder was principal of Lincoln High School in Walla Walla, Washington, is author of The Trauma Informed School, and consults with schools throughout the US.
Cohort Start Date:
June 9, 2021
Synchronous Meeting Dates:
- June 9-10
- June 16-17
- June 24
9 am-11 am CDT
- July 8, 15, 22
9 am-11am CDT
- August 5
Training highlights and focus:
- Synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Creation of 12 month action plan for equipping and sustaining a trauma-informed building.
- Eight professional learning modules for school facilitation
- Parent/Caregiver training module
- Brain Basics curriculum for K-12 classrooms
- Effective co-regulation tools
- Responsive coaching techniques
- Supportive relationship building
- Strategies for creating and implementing a trauma-responsive culture
- Developing a wellness process ensuring trauma-informed care cultivates resilience in staff
- Creating parental involvement and partnering
Year long support:
- Runs June 9, 2021-May 31, 2022
- Ongoing virtual coaching and consulting sessions for Resilience Coach Team
- Access to live & archived webinar
- Weekly email support
- Professional Learning modules to facilitate with your school faculty and staff
- Global learning network
- Shared resources
Email [email protected] to discuss registration.
The ESSDACK Resilience Team believes a Trauma-Informed organization becomes truly effective when a culture exists that promotes social and emotional well-being for students and teachers. This is accomplished through the building of resilience.
The team, consisting of Rebecca Lewis-Pankratz, Katie Perez, Ginger Lewman, and Carmen Zeisler have been rooted in this movement for decades and are grateful to help your community grow, together.
StartThe Journey to Becoming Trauma/Resilience-Informed
Start2021 Cohort Timeline
Start2021 Cohort Contacts
StartEquipped Resilience Coach Agreements
StartCoaching and Consulting Request
StartFour Disciplines of Execution
StartIntroduction to the Five Critical Steps w/Jim Sporleder
StartSchool and Family Peace Framework (2:16)
StartCulturally-Responsive Practice Resources
StartEquipping YOU: Becoming a Resilience Coach
StartHere's What: The Trauma-Informed Continuum
StartSo What: Our Journey to Becoming Trauma-Informed
StartNow What: Establishing Your Why
StartThen What: Equipping Resilience Coaches Goals and Plan
StartDo What - Actionable Steps
StartCohort ZOOM Checkin - Thursday, June 24 9am
StartRoles and Responsibilities of School Personnel
StartHere's What: One Team. All Students
StartSo What: One Team. Different Roles.
StartNow What: Step-by-Step Trauma Informed Model
StartThen What: Culturally-Responsive Connections
StartDo What: Actionable Steps
StartCohort ZOOM Checkin: Thursday, June 24 9am